Office of the City Administrator
Located in Memorial Hall, 309 N Oak Street
(1) Coordinate and direct all activities of all city departments, subject however, to provisions of state laws and ordinances of the city.
(2) Administer and implement all municipal ordinances.
(3) Assist in preparation of the annual budget.
(4) Assume responsibility for the capital improvement plan.
(5) Research and conduct studies of municipal government and management.
(6) Address concerns and complaints from the general public
(7) Complete evaluations of city staff.
(8) Serve as purchasing agent within pre-authorized limits.
(9) Meet with the city council and boards appointed by that council to coordinate activities of the city.
(10) Maintain city compliance with state and federal regulations.
(11) Establish road maintenance programs.
(12) Evaluate the need for and implement appropriate employee training programs.
(13) Make such recommendations to the governing body as requested concerning the employment of appointive officers, employees and contractual personnel.
(14) Supervise the maintenance of all city owned property or property under the control and supervision of the city.
(15) Act as a liaison for the city council concerning department projects and goals.
(16) Coordinate work with officials from other governmental agencies.
(17) Coordinate and direct the city’s effort to promote economic growth
(18) Undertake such other duties and responsibilities which are placed or assigned to the city administrator by majority vote of the city council.